Search This Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Stomach Flu Post

We all got it. However when my oldest daughter started to get sick, I made a tea. And that tea was incredible. I'm the only one who drank it. I'm the only one who did not vomit or had diarrhea even though I was queasy for 3 days. I drank it twice a day and each time I drank it the queasiness would go away for hours. You can take it no problem while nursing and toddlers can drink it too. It is very simple and the ingredients are very easy to find.

1 chamomile tea bag.
1 fairly big branch of catnip... maybe 20 leaves? 1 teaspoon dried.
1 to 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice.

Yep that's it. It doesn't even taste bad :). Steep the herbs covered for 15 mns, then take them out and add the lemon.
One of the other problems was how to feed everybody when some of us were really sick, some of us were fine while others were recovering. I decided to cook a whole chicken for at least 6 hours with a lot of carrots, bay leaves, thyme and cloves. Cover with water. In the end you are left with chicken and vegetables + a lot of broth. You can add cooked rice in the broth for a light soup that  is good for the stomach. You can do many things with the chicken including putting it in tortillas, quiche or just serve with a strong mustard. Everybody in various states of queasiness should be happy with something ;)

Ah, also, cinnamon is good for this type of ailment so I made cinnamon toast. Yum.



Catnip and a busy bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment